Private adventure day tours
Authentic local experiences
Our truly unique experiences are not your average tourist whirlwind. Our fully-equipped Adventure Utility Vehicles and excellent, skilled local guides enable you to genuinely experience Africa’s great outdoors, meet fascinating local characters, and sample the delicious regional food and drink.
ESCAPE – You can SUP with penguins, 4×4 scooters on Table Mountain or hike the Cape’s wild beaches.
SEE – See the highlights and experience the best secret spots with excellent local specialist guides.
TASTE – We’ll arrange pop-up tasting tables, wild picnics, urban foraging and adventure food pairing.
TOUCH – Meet the locals and unearth the region’s fascinating stories.
EXPLORE – Enjoy total flexibility with our fully equipped adventure vehicle.
Action Packed Adventures
Be part of the action
See the Cape from a different perspective, our adventure based day tours will have you exploring the Cape’s famous mountains, oceans and back roads.
- Our adventurous, cultural guides will take you off the beaten track.
- Each day is at your pace with the flexibility to change things at the drop of a hat.
- We use only state-of-the-art equipment, from bikes to surf and SUP boards.
- See the highlights from waterways and trails, suited to your age, ability & daring.
- While we love having fun, your safety is paramount in every activity.
Hands-on cultural storytelling
Experience the wealth of history, diversity & passion of modern-day Africa, through the stories our guides tell and the locals you meet.
- Our team are all highly qualified cultural guides from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience Africa’s rich history told by its quirky locals.
- Hands on adventures include making delicious local food to up-close ethnic experiences.
- Hear some of Africa’s untold and aspirational stories through our uplifting community projects.
- Access to hop-on specialists in food, wine, wildlife, people, history and culture
‘Grape Escapes’ wine adventures
Meet the people behind our world-class, locally-produced vintages, with all-areas access at boutique wineries. Experience a wealth of stories and rich culture, bought alive by our specialist wine guides.
- Our specialist wine guides include winemakers, head sommeliers and international wine buyers.
- Our knowledgeable, hop-on wine master is also the head of the Cape Wine Academy.
- Exclusive access to family wine farms and intimate tastings with the people behind the wine.
- Hike or bike the vineyards and immerse yourself in the beautiful Winelands scenery.
- Taste exclusive wines with fascinating stories in our travelling pop-up wine cellar.
Discover a wealth of flavours, from delicious local street food and market vendors, to foraging for local delicacies and indulging in some of the best fine dining in the world.
- Our passionate foodie guides include market traders and gourmet chefs.
- Exclusive private tasting tables and gourmet picnics in great locations.
- Experience a range of culinary delights from local eateries to five-star fine dining.
- Find your own favourite flavours on our urban & wild foraging tours.
- Fantastic local flavor, with a story behind each delicious item, available onboard.
Wild-child family adventures
Entertaining children of all ages is one of our specialties! We engage all family members – from encouraging young children’s imaginations go wild and free, to creating memorable moments for the entire family.
- Our young at heart guides help children learn from Africa’s people and wildlife.
- Discover new talents including, SUPing, surfing and mountain biking.
- We offer healthy simple local foods from pick-me-up snacks to wild picnics.
- Children receive a dedicated young adventure guide packs with all they need for the day’s adventure.
- Child-sized adventure and safety gear, toy boxes and optional travelling nannies.
Africa through the lens
Be ‘in the right place at the right time’, to capture the very essence of a location, its people and wildlife. Experience Africa while gaining professional photographic skills.
- Our focus is on truly experiencing the places you visit, with your camera in hand.
- Led by trained photographic guides, getting you in the right place at the right time.
- Off-the-beaten-track access at iconic locations, to help you capture a truly unique perspective.
- Learn new photography skills and tips that will transform the way you capture your memories.
- We supply all photography gear, including cameras and complimentary memory cards.
Choose your adventure, from ziplining through mountain ranges, abseiling off Table Mountain, snorkeling with playful seals, 4×4 downhill scooters, horse riding in breathtaking surroundings or surfing with champions – it’s up to you!
- Enhance your day with wow factor actives unique to the local environment.
- Exciting activities that add a once-in-a-lifetime experience to your day.
- We cater for all interests and fitness levels from seal snorkeling to helicopter flips to picnics in breathtaking locations.
- Each experience has exclusive options and can be tailored to your unique needs.
- We only work with professionals, who have all safety and insurances in place.
Stay & play
Overnight hosted adventures
Our carefully curated selection of private African lifestyle homes enables you to luxuriously immerse yourself in the great African outdoors. A private adventure guide will discreetly host your stay and be on hand to take you around the area in a fully equipped adventure utility vehicle.
ESCAPE – Lifestyle accommodation with an attitude. Ideal for groups of friends and families.
SEE – Options dotted around South Africa and further afield including Mozambique, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zambia and Namibia.
TASTE – Local readily available fresh food and specialities. Uncomplicated healthy in-house dining options.
TOUCH – Discreet guides allow for privacy but are on hand to ensure you make the most of your surroundings.
EXPLORE – Fully serviced accommodation with state of the art adventure gear and an Adventure Utility Vehicle at your fingertips.
A veritable basket full of exciting and innovative experiences for all ages.Nigel Vere NicollChief Executive – African Travel & Tourism Association
An intimate way to experience South Africa's epicurean delights achieved through contacts and inside knowledge.Harry MelckWine Master & Head of the Cape Wine Academy
A foodie journey like no other: offering a hands-on approach beyond the confines of a restaurant.Bern Le RouxEditor – Condè Nast Gourmet
Professional and memorable photographic experiences delivered through truly immersive encounters.Toby JermynOwner - Pangolin Photo Safaris
Cape Town like you’ve never imagined possible – curated specifically for your needs.Lindsy TerrySales & Marketing Manager – Ellerman House
The perfect team with all the adventure gear you need for the very best lifestyle homes in Africa.Helen UntiedtCo-Founder – Perfect Hideaways