Exclusive Adventure Company Escape+Explore is looking for an Adventure Planner Manager to join our in-office team. This is very much a hands on position for someone who has post sales management experience within the travel industry and in-depth knowledge of Cape Town & its surrounds.
You will be joining the forefront of African Adventure travel in helping to maintain our unique brand of touring out of our HQ on the Cape Peninsula located in the Noordhoek Farm Village.
Your role will be to assist Escape+Explore’s Adventure Architects and the Post Sales Admin Team to develop a smooth, efficient and effective post sales process. This will include tour administration, client and agent liaison, preparation of client pre-tour documentation and building relationships with our key suppliers. You will be dealing with Cape Town’s top 5* hotels, local tour operators as well as international tour operators.
As a small and growing business there is opportunity to get involved and make an impact in all areas of the business. There is the real opportunity for both personal and career growth for those passionate about making a difference in the travel industry.
A strong background in Tour Operating and Travel Group & Incentive Sales is an advantage to understand the needs and demands of the agents and operators you will be working with. create and implement post sales controls in order to maximize productivity, meet deadlines, mitigate mistakes and operate at a level of efficiency.
Ideal applicants need:
- 2 -5 years’ experience within the luxury travel market
- Previous management experience
- A -Type attention to detail and organisational skills is essential
- Ability to oversee and manage a small growing team
- Excellent local knowledge of Cape Town’s surrounds
- Our suppliers are crucial to the successful execution of our tours. It is therefore imperative that you are able to build and maintain good relationships as you will be working directly with them.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the post sales process for all our confirmed bookings.
- Previous experience within an After Sales environment
- Create and implement controls in order to maximize productivity, meet deadlines, mitigate mistakes and operate at a level of efficiency.
- Highly Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive and Outlook).
- Best price/rate negotiations essential
- Good writing skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to work accurately in a high pressure environment
- Good telephone manner
- People Skills
- Team player
- Aspire to be Active and adventurous
- Work hard play hard ethos!
- Willingness to learn the ins and out of both the hospitality industry as well as what makes the Cape so special from its headline attractions to best-kept secrets.
Please send your CV and a covering mail to: Georgie firstname.lastname@example.org ; +27 21 789 0142