Exclusive Adventure Company Escape+Explore are looking for a Financial Controller to join our in-office team. The aim is to offer an opportunity to a capable and enthusiastic individual a first step into the accounts world of the travel and adventure industry.
You will be joining the forefront of African Adventure travel in helping to maintain our unique brand of touring out of our HQ on the Cape Peninsula located in the Noordhoek Farm Village.
BE ORIGINAL / BE SLICK / BE CARING / MAKE A DIFFERENCE / WORK HARD PLAY HARD
Your role responsibilities will include the following:
- Financial Management – managing a team to ensure financial control over the business & deliver timely accurate financial management reports
- Control over accounts: Payments, processing, bookkeeping and reporting
- Information flow & control: Control the flow of information from system to system to ensure Completeness, Accuracy and Validity.
- Resolve Discrepancies: timeously and in an efficient and effective manner.
- Produce accurate management accounts: Ensure the accounts are kept up to date. Management accounts produced monthly, Unreconciled items monitored on a weekly basis and kept at a minimal level.
- The following cycles will need to be carried out each month:
- Sales Cycle
- Purchase and payroll cycle
- Month end cut off
- Production of Management Accounts
- Vat returns
Ideal applicants need:
- Degree in accounting a necessity (Reputable University UCT, Stellenbosch, etc)
- Further qualification in accounting required – CIMA, Management Accountant Certificate, or equivalent
- Accountant, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Accounting experience
- Previous experience in the travel and tourist industry beneficial
- Solid understanding of complex accounting – e.g. inter-company, multi-currency etc
- Extensive experience and knowledge working on accounting systems
- Experience with Xero would be an advantage
- Highly Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive and Outlook)
- A-Type attention to detail and organisational skills
- Problem solver
- People Skills
- Team player
- Aspire to be Active and adventurous
- Work hard play hard ethos!
- Willingness to learn the ins and out of both the hospitality industry as well as what makes the Cape so special from its headline attractions to best-kept secrets.
Escape+Explore, Noordhoek Farm Village, Noordhoek, Cape Town, South Africa
Please send your CV and a covering mail to Georgie: firstname.lastname@example.org