Exclusive Adventure Company Escape+Explore are looking for a Groups & Events Manager to join our in-office team.
Start date: as soon as possible
You will be joining the forefront of African Adventure Travel in helping to maintain and develop our unique brand of touring out of our HQ on the Cape Peninsula located in the Noordhoek Farm Village.
This exciting role will see you working on all aspects of tour operating. Including:
- Product development creating innovative group and incentive touring options throughout Southern Africa. With our unique touring operations at your fingertips.
- Trade relations working with a selection of Africa’s finest local and international operators.
- Taking sales all the way from enquiry to implementation.
This is very much a hands on position for someone who enjoys creating, selling and operating bespoke groups as this will fulfil the bulk of the role.
As a small and growing business there is opportunity to get involved and make an impact in all areas of the business. There is the real opportunity for both personal and career growth for those passionate about making a difference in the travel industry.
A strong background in Tour Operating and Travel Group & Incentive Sales is essential to understand the needs and demands of the agents and operators you will be working with.
Ideal applicants need:
- 5 years sales experience within the luxury travel market with a proven sales record
- Experience in Groups, Incentives & Events.
- An in-depth knowledge of Southern Africa.
- Highly Computer literate (Microsoft word, excel, WETU, confident using social media Facebook, Instagram).
- A-Type attention to detail and organisational skills
- Problem solver
- Comfortable with presentations and sales calls
- Aspire to be active and adventurous
- Work hard play hard ethos!
- Willingness to learn the ins and out of both the adventure touring industry as well as what makes the Cape so special from its headline attractions to its best-kept secrets
Please send your CV and a covering mail to: Georgie email@example.com ; +27 21 789 0142