Location: Noordhoek Farm Village, Noordhoek, Cape Town, South Africa
Start date: 1 November/ 1 December 2019
Exclusive Adventure Company Escape+Explore have an exciting opportunity available for a professional Operations Assistant to plan, direct and coordinate the day to day operations.
You will be joining the forefront of African Adventure Travel, helping to maintain & develop our unique brand of touring out of our HQ on the Cape Peninsula located in the Noordhoek Farm Village. The role will involve working directly with our Operations Manager ensuring the operational product meets and exceeds the exceptionally high standards of our unique brand of touring.
A strong analytical background, a passion for Operations and the Adventure travel industry is essential in order to understand the needs of our clients and to ensure that the guides who you will be working with, receive a 5 star service from us.
As a small and growing business there is opportunity to get involved and make an impact in all areas of the business. There is the real opportunity for both personal and career growth for those passionate about making a difference in the travel industry. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity and efficiency through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage your area and assist the Operations Manager with HR management of Guides and guide training, operational reporting and product development.
- Training: Growth and continued development are important to Escape+Explore. Part of this role will be ensuring that our Operations and Guide team are constantly improving their own knowledge and ability through inhouse and external training initiatives.
- Relationship Management: Our guides and suppliers are crucial to the successful execution of our tours. It is therefore imperative that you are able to build and maintain good relationships with both as you will be working directly with them.
- Systems: Create and implement controls in order to maximize productivity, meet deadlines, mitigate mistakes and operate at a level of efficiency.
- Day to day operations: You will be responsible for ensuring that all of our tours are allocated the necessary vehicles. You will continually be building on supplier and guide relationships making sure that the required deliverables are met and exceeded. Overseeing the Storeroom manager, ensuring that they are meeting and exceeding the high standards required of our unique style of touring, whilst ensuring that the store room is run as efficiently as possible.
- Fleet Management: Assisting the Storeroom Manager to ensure all our vehicles are regularly serviced, checked and rotated. Suggesting improvements to vehicles in order to upgrade our offering.
- Additional Responsibilities: Assisting the Operations Manager with guide training and product development within the scope of your role. Understanding the bigger picture of our touring which will allow you to make calculated decisions.
- Product development: Continuously looking for ways to improve our onboard offering. You are excited about finding cool products with interesting stories.
Ideal Candidates Require:
- 1-2 years’ experience within the luxury travel market
- An in-depth knowledge of Cape Town and it’s surrounds
- Highly Computer literate (Microsoft word, excel)
- A-Type attention to detail and organizational skills
- Problem solver
- Outgoing, Confident and Creative
- Aspire to be active and adventurous
- Work hard play hard ethos!
- Willingness to learn the ins and out of both the adventure touring industry as well as what makes the Cape so special from its headline attractions to its best-kept secrets
- Drivers License
- Own Transport
Monday – Friday 9:00 am -17:30 pm
Weekends and public holidays as required by the touring schedule.
Basic salary: Market Related dependent on experience.
This role is a great way to enter the travel industry with a great opportunity to progress one’s’ career.
Please send your CV and a covering mail to email@example.com
(Subject: Operations Assistant Application)
We look forward to chatting to you,
Escape and Explore Team