Join our team of Africa’s Top Adventure Guides
Escape+Explore’s guiding team are made up exclusively from the best in Africa in their specialist fields. With a wealth of experience our team are able to think outside of the box to help tailor each adventure to perfectly suit the individual client, showing the client a unique perspective of Cape Town few visitors experience.
To apply for a position to join Escape+Explore’s Adventure Guides we want to hear about you: your professional accomplishments, your travels, your guiding interests, any relevant skills, what languages you speak, and most importantly why do you feel you would be a good fit for the elite Escape+Explore guiding team.
Note: Please attach a resumé as well as a cover letter/ email to your submission.
Why Join us
The role will involve guiding Private Cape Adventure Tours to different areas of the Cape.
- Take interesting clients off the beaten tourist track and break the run of the mill Cape touring.
- Responsibility and flexibility to add your own twist to create days to remember.
- Opportunity for multi day tours further into Africa.
- Learn and grow within a team of Africa’s top guides.
- Professional back up and support from Escape+Explore HQ.
- Top Guiding Fees. High End Clients.
Ideal Adventure Guides are:
All Escape+Explore guides also require the relevant qualifications in order to guide in the Western Cape.
- Valid driver’s license and PDP
- Western Guiding Qualification
- Valid passport
- Valid first aid/CPR certification
Additional specialist adventure sports qualifications (Surf, Lifesaving, FAGSA etc.) beneficial but not essential.
Top Safari Rangers and Adventurers: To the Ex Top Safari Rangers, Adventure Expedition Pioneers and Adventure Sports Specialists – if you have in-depth knowledge of Cape Town and serious about guiding, please get in touch as we also offer training options.
So, you think you have what it takes to join the ranks? Don’t just believe what we say, Afar Magazine listed our Private Cape Adventures as the no.1 way to experience Cape Town and Outside Magazine this month listed our guiding team and style of adventuring as one of 7 ideas shaping the future of travel.
Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be guiding with us this season.