Exclusive Adventure Company Escape+Explore are looking for a Storeroom assistant to join our day to day Operations Team. The aim is to offer the first step into the travel and adventure industry to a capable and enthusiastic individual. Working flexible shifts. Own transport is essential.
You will be joining the forefront of African Adventure travel in helping to maintain & develop our unique brand of touring out of our HQ on the Cape Peninsula located in the Noordhoek Farm Village.
Your role will be to assist Escape+Explores’ Store Manager in the day to day running of our tours. You will be based primarily in the storeroom and will be responsible for Pre Tour and Post Tour packing and unpacking. As you grow into your role you will have the opportunity to support tours on the ground, as well as help with stock ordering and equipment purchases and upgrades.
Packing and unpacking of tour vehicles calls for some heavy lifting (packed cooler-boxes, sports and tour equipment, roof rack items loaded and unloaded), so reasonable physical strength and fitness is needed. Provisioning of the vehicles requires a high level of accuracy, organisation and thought, as well as eye for detail is a must.
- GOOD ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Driver’s license
- Own transport
- Computer Literate: Email, Microsoft Office, Google Calendar, Ability to learn new software
- Ability to work early and late shifts
- Fluent in English
- Hard Working & keen to learn
- Hospitality background would be an advantage
- Candidates must be flexible.
The job role will consist of the following:
- The maintenance and management of our Adventure Store Room
- Stock take and rotation of consumable stock
- Ordering of consumable stock
- Maintenance of adventure equipment (e.g. rinsing of wetsuits, making sure towels are laundered, cleaning & maintaining equipment generally and reporting on losses / breakages)
- Pickup and delivery of equipment in the greater Cape Town area (if required.)
- Issuing stock and packing / unpacking our vehicles – maintaining our high standards.
- Making sure the vehicles are cleaned (if required) and ready for the next tour.
- 9 hours a day
- 9am/10am – 6pm/7pm or 11am/12pm – 8/9pm (flexible) depending on the touring schedule.
- 2 days off per week, which will differ from week to week according to operational need. Candidate would need to be flexible
- There will be opportunity for extra shifts during busy times.
R6 000.00 – 8 000.00 a month dependent on experience (with opportunity to earn more during busy periods)
This role is a great way to enter the travel industry with a good opportunity to progress within the company.
Please email motivational letter and CV to email@example.com
(Subject: Store Assistant Application)
We look forward to chatting to you,
Escape and Explore Team