Adventure Like a Local
We craft the experiences that allow you to see the best of the destination, while indulging your passion. Do what you enjoy most in an exciting new destination.
Road or mountain bike adventures
Our knowledgeable guides include national cycling champions who easily keep pace with the most experienced riders. However, the aim of our cycling adventures is to sometimes slow things down. Allowing you to immerse yourself in the places you’re riding through, meet new people and get a taste of authentic local experiences.
- ESCAPE – Privately escorted, road and mountain bikes for all standards and state-of-the-art equipment.
- SEE – Cape Town, Winelands, Garden Route & Safari by the back roads and mountain trails.
- TASTE – Energy-boosting onboard pantry and full refreshment cooler. Bike friendly cafès, wine farms and restaurants.
- TOUCH – Bike guides with cultural guide qualifications will tell the stories of the places you visit.
- EXPLORE – Support vehicle with everything onboard you’ll need to explore, in and out of the saddle.
Hike & Run Africa
Africa on the hoof
Take a guided hiking or running expedition along some of Africa’s wildest trails. You’ll stay in private tented camps, rustic beach lodges and breathtaking mountain retreats. Experience transformative places and scrumptious meals and snacks, at your own pace.
- ESCAPE – One or multiple day hiking and trail running on some of Africa’s most iconic trails.
- SEE – Stay in the wildest of locations, with your luggage magically ready and waiting for you.
- TASTE – Forage on the hoof, gourmet fireside dining and generous wholesome home-cooked meals.
- TOUCH – Meet isolated communities who’ll be as amazed to see you as you’ll be to encounter them.
- EXPLORE – Life is at its most primitive on foot, best for truly connecting with your surroundings.
Quintessential African SURFari
Use open safari vehicles to reach far-off waves via local villages where hippos roam free. Stay in luxury tented safari camps. Surf and watch the big five on the same day with custom-made equipment for all standards. This unique SURFari sets Africa’s surf scene apart from anywhere else in the world.
- ESCAPE – Guided luxury surf adventure combining time in the water with exploring the wilds of Africa.
- SEE – Experience the best surf spots, Cape Town to famous J Bay or Durban to Mozambique.
- TASTE – Mix relaxed restaurant dining with fireside cooking under the stars.
- TOUCH – Be guided by local surf legends in the water, and cultural and wildlife guides on land.
- EXPLORE – Custom-made equipment for all standards. Adventure Utility Vehicle and swell chasing fly-in options.
The original African SUP pioneers
Africa’s first-fully supported SUP Safaris. Paddle through picturesque waterways, historic and uninhabited islands, rain forests and remote rivers. The high-tech SUP’s are supported by sailing dhows or traditional dugout canoes. Our team sets up camp each night so you can unwind and enjoy a delicious locally-sourced meal under the stars.
- ESCAPE – Africa’s first fully supported SUP Safaris – a new mode of adventure is born.
- SEE – Cape Town and surrounds, Okavango Delta, Botswana, Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique, Orange River and Namibia.
- TASTE – Full safari kitchen and gourmet campfire meals prepared under the stars by our support crew.
- TOUCH – Expeditions combine local guides using mostly local modes of transport with our own expert guides.
- EXPLORE – Hi-tech inflatable SUP’s supported by wooden sailing dhows or traditional dugout canoes.
Stay & Play
Fully-hosted multi-day adventures
Pursue your passion without leaving your loved ones behind. We craft experiences that allow you and nearest and dearest to see the best of the destination while indulging in your passion. Giving you the best of both worlds with fond memories for all.
Escape+Explore have managed to find (and stay) in that magical and elusive space where luxury and adventure intersect.Ryan WallaceEvent Director – We Are Africa
Personalised, professional, incredible experiences – adventurous fun sight-seeing.Nicole SmithDirector of Sales - Red Carnation Hotels South Africa
You at once you feel connected with a blend of natural alfresco encounters and zestful guides.Alex WalkerFounder - Alex Walker’s Serian. Voted Best Safari Guide in Africa
The quintessential African surf trip has been born.Nikita Robb8x SA Surf Champ
Wildest Africa with empty waves and family style hospitality.Gabriel Medina2X World Surf Champion
Experiences like this can change your world, your thoughts, your expectations – your possible.Chris BertishBig Wave Surfer, world record holder, 1st person to SUP across the Atlantic